Friday, April 6

Photo Editing

Before




After

This evening I did some photo editing (see pictures above). Yeah, pretty self-evident. But while I was doing it I was struck with a spiritual concept. We are all photos in the likeness of Christ Jesus. It took me some manipulating, merging, squashing, mashing, cutting, pasting, blending, and adjusting to create the final result in my project.

We are the same way. God needs to merge, cut, paste, blend, and adjust us to become the person He designed us to be. He has an idea for your life just like I had an idea for the photo I was editing. I’m sure if the pictures could talk, they would have been screaming because of all the twisting and cropping I’d done to them.

Maybe we can learn a second lesson from this. Just as the pictures on the computer were silent, we too need to accept God’s working with humility and brokenness. That is something I’ve really been learning lately. Don’t ask for strength when you’re going through a hard time. Ask for brokenness to be able to be molded into what God is trying to make.

But, just like I finished the picture (eventually), God will constantly be working on you, until you are made perfect in the day that Jesus comes again!

“I am sure that God Who began the good work in you will keep on working in you until the day Jesus Christ comes again.” ~ Philippians 1:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home