Monday, January 1

Quilting, Part i/ii



It all started with that book from the library. I was at work one day shelving books when one title caught my eye: Snowflake Follies: quilts to make in a winter weekend.

“Now,” said I,

“that looks interesting.

A weekend quilt,

How amusing.

New Year’s weekendwill sooncome,

And by then I could have a quilt done!”

(Okay, so maybe not in those words exactly…) But anyways, verse aside, I finally got the book (but that’s another story) and chose a pattern. It’s a snowflake/star design, sized to a twin bed.

So I got the fabric, cut it on Saturday, sewed it on Sunday, ripped it apart and resewed it today. Yes, it is a long story, which I’ll get to in my next post. I had made a mistake in the four corner blocks and was just about ready to put the boarder on when a sharp pair of eyes caught the dissimilarity. In between crying, I wavered between keeping it as is and calling it creative license, and ripping the quilt half apart and fixing it. I opted to fix it, only with an offer to help from the family.

Finally, this evening, I finished the quilt. Ta da!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home