Sunday, December 17

Come My Way, Pt. iii/iii

Ever so slowly, He moved my way. I began trembling more and more as he approached. When He was no more than five paces away, my knees gave out and I collapsed to the ground. My heart sank and I tried to hastily crawl forward, but I was trembling too much.

He passed me without even a glance. Even as I lunged forward, I could feel myself starting to bleed again. Then, I felt like crying as I realized my fingers had brushed the tassel of His cloak. Immediately my bleeding stopped. I knew I was healed.

It was in the midst of my rejoicing that I realized the crowd had changed. A shadow passed over me and I looked up into Jesus’ eyes. My own filled with tears and I drew back, frightened of being so close to a man of such power. His disciples behind Him looked angry, and I was close to crying from fright. Was He angry, too?

But Jesus knelt beside me, taking my hand in His own. “Daughter,” He said, “Do not be afraid.”

That was enough for me, and a flood of relief washed over me.

“Your faith has made you whole,” Jesus finished.

I could only look up at Him, tears streaming down my cheeks, unable to speak through the rush of emotion. Twelve long years of pain and uncertainty were finished! I could only nod in reply.

Jesus smiled again, stood, turned, and began walking again. As He passed, the brilliant morning sun flashed into my eyes, blinding me for a moment. Shading my eyes, I stood and watched the back of His head until I could see it no longer. The crowd began dispersing, and so did I. Now I could get rid of my old, bloody rags and finally, for the first time in twelve years, I was going to wear some real clothes!


The end~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home