Thursday, November 30

Christmas Lights

This year, I was the Christmas lights man. I put the lights up on the house (which my dad usually does), and worked my traditional backyard magic. Seven strands of lights later, our backyard literally glows! Once I get finished with the other three strands today, you should be able to see our house on satellite at night!

While I was stringing the lights up everywhere and on everything that would stand upright, I was trying to think of an appropriate blog post to write. Alas, I came up with no great, deep revelations: only a simple simile. It is that we are like Christmas lights. We all have the potential to shine. All we need is the power of the Holy Spirit to flow through us and we begin emitting light.

In this Christmas season, when there are plenty of people trying to shine on their own power, I’d like to challenge you to outshine them. Show them the real meaning of CHRISTmas. Shine like my backyard with hope and purity in this dark world.

“so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe” ~ Philippians 2:15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home